Sunday, November 14, 2004

The pen is mightier than the mouse

Well some of you already know, but others don't. I am a nerd, I can't helped it. Would love to get rid of the status, but does not really help. Do nerds have a social life? Well yeah I have one. One is a yearly event: going with my fellow nerds to a dutch computer convention called HCC days. It is a dutch site so dont bother if you can't read dutch.

What are we nerds doing over there? Well just browsing the stands an if we see things of a good price we buy. Most of the times it are worthless things, like a Stuffed Tux for example. So here I am sitting with my freshly bought Wacon graphire 3 tablet. I have been using wacom tablets at my last job and I really love them. It really helps preventing RSI. When I sat at my desk at home, I caught myself sometimes grabbing to the tablet pen, which was not there. But now it is.

If you ever think about buying a tablet. Buy a Wacom. All the cheap tablets out there are terrible. They are not sensitive enough and the pens are heavy because of batteries (A wacom one doesnt have batteries) causing RSI instead of preventing it. I have to ask my new boss to buy me one at work I guess..

One drawback: playing games with it is a pain :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home