Thursday, December 23, 2004

Dutch Xmas tradition..

Dutch traditions are awesome

In the beginning of the last century dutch farmers gave some of their supplies to the employees to share with their families during the Christmas holidays. This has gone through quite an evolution here in the Netherlands. Nowadays every employee gets a 'Christmas Package' from his boss. It is a box with all kinds of food, drinks and small items. My previous employer was very bad in coming up with good ideas, and there were always complains about each years box. One year I got 6 free tickets for a botanic garden I never visited (owned by the employee of course). The other was a calender, which is lying somewhere in a cabinet here.



Now that I have a new job, I was quite curious about their Christmas gifts. Well they did not let me down:







I love me new job :D

1 Comments:

Blogger thuringwethil2004 said...

nice cal. Everyone here gets something like a ham/turkey, or (even nicer) a Christmas bonus! But I like the idea that all employers do it over there.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home