Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Repetitive Strain Injury

Well I am playing with computers since I was young. After a while my shoulder begin to ache. I never paid to much it. But during my college days the pain started to get worse, and I had to reduce my computer activities drastically.

I became more cautious: reduce my gaming. Ordered a trackball, a tablet and new desk. It helped a little but the pain still remained... on the background but it remained...

But nowadays the pain is gone. You can buy al kind of anti-RSI stuff like expensive chairs desks and stuff and do all kinds of micro pauses and silly exercises with your arms and shoulders. But my solution is better. It is called a gym. So stop wasting time doing some silly small exercises while sitting in your desk chair. Just go to the gym and train those muscles. You get nice in shape too and I have lost a lot of pounds these last months. And the pain has not returned.

But it is that too much trouble try this one: drink lots of water while working. 1) You have to get out of your chair to get the water, and 2) after a while you have to leave the desk again to remove it from your body. Repeat this until the office closes. Helps too :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home